Monday, February 6, 2012

Cuneiform Writing/Reading Reflection

The experiences I had in writing in Cuneiform style was a lot more artistic and complicated over regular English. It took me a couple of minutes of painting just to write one cuneiform letter, while in English I write a whole world in a few seconds. For me English is easier than Cuneiform because, number one, the obvious, I already know the language and have many years practicing this form of writing, and  also because the letters are much simpler and easier to read and faster to write, also all the letters have something that separates them in cuneiform some letters are a lot more similar and can sometime be mistaken for another letter. I am glad that I got the chance to write in Cuneiform, but i much prefer to write in English. it was a very fun activity and used my time efficiently. Also reading in Cuneiform, however is even harder than writing. Because it can be a challenge to keep it neet and tidy and lie i said before, it is very easy to mistake one letter for another, makes the words confusing and it takes much longer to read. The reasons are because one you can so easily mix up the letters and it can be a challenge to find the write one and you have to look at the sign and then look back at the translation so it takes a lot of time. The worst part is that who ever wrote it determines if you can read it or not, you have to be really patient so the person can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment